What is Gift Gold?
Muthoot FinCorp ONE’s Gift Gold is a type of Digital Gold gifting feature that allows you to gift gold digitally to your friends and family.
How can I Gift Gold?
- Step 1: Visit the Gift Gold section on the Muthoot FinCorp ONE app and provide the recipient’s name, phone number and state of the person you want to send the gift to.
- Step 2: Once this is done, you can then enter the amount of gold you want to give and complete the purchase.
- Step 3: Post a successful purchase, the recipient will be informed through an SMS on the phone number entered by you.
- Step 4: You can also send the recipient a WhatsApp message through the Muthoot FinCorp ONE app, to inform them about the gift.
How can I claim the Digital Gold gifted to me? What is the process to claim the gift?
If you are sending the gift to an existing Muthoot FinCorp ONE user, then the Digital Gold gifted by you will be automatically credited to their account in 24 hours after initiating the gifting process.
However, if you are sending the gift to someone who has not used the Muthoot FinCorp ONE before, they will have to click the link sent in the SMS on their registered phone number to download the Muthoot FinCorp ONE app from the Play Store. One the app is downloaded, they will have to sign up within 48-hours from the time of initiation of the gifting process, to claim their gift.
Will I be able to sell the Gifted Gold?
Yes, you can sell the Digital Gold gifted to you, 24-hours after it has been credited to your Digital Gold account.
Is there any limitation to the amount of gold that can be gifted?
If you have not completed your KYC on the Muthoot FinCorp ONE app you will only be able to gift Digital Gold to your friends and family, for a total value of Rs. 24999 in one financial year.
However, upon a successful KYC completion you will be able to gift Digital Gold for a maximum value of Rs. 50,000 in one financial year.
Please note that for a single purchase order, you can gift Digital Gold for a maximum value of Rs. 5000 at one time.
Who can I gift Digital Gold to?
You can gift Digital Gold to your contacts, friends and relatives, having an India registered active phone number.
How can I know if the recipient has received the gold gifted by me?
Once the receiver has accepted your gifted gold, you will be notified via a text message on the registered phone number. Alternatively, you can also track it on the Muthoot FinCorp ONE app.
Is there any expiry date by when the receiver can claim the gifted gold?
For a new user, they must claim the gifted gold within 48-hours from the time of receiving the gifted gold notification, by downloading the Muthoot FinCorp ONE app and signing up.
However, if the recipient is already a registered user on the Muthoot FinCorp ONE app, your gift will be auto-credited to their account 24-hours after your purchase.
What happens if the recipient does not claim the gifted gold within 48-hours of receiving the gift notification?
If the recipient does not claim the gifted gold within 48-hours and they are not registered on the Muthoot FinCorp ONE app, from the time of receiving the gift notification, then gifted gold will be credited back to the sender’s gold account and the link in the gift gold notification will expire.
Can I use my existing Digital Gold balance to gift someone?
No, you will not be able to use your existing Digital Gold balance to gift someone. For every gift, you will have to place a new Digital Gold purchase order.
However, if the gift transfer is initiated post operational hours or on holidays, there may or may not be a temporary deduction from your Digital Gold wallet, which will be reverted in 24 to 48 working hours to your Muthoot FinCorp ONE account.
What if I enter incorrect recipient details while placing my Digital Gold gift order?
Please ensure the recipient details entered by you are correct at the time of placing the gift order. Once a gift order is initiated, it cannot be reverted or refunded in case of any anomalies.
Can I cancel my Digital Gold gifting order?
- Once a Digital Gold gifting purchase order is made, it cannot be cancelled.
- Refunds are only issued if the recipient (only if they are a new Muthoot FinCorp ONE app user) does not accept the Digital Gold gift within 48-hours from the time of receiving the gift notification.
- All refunds will be issued in the form of Digital Gold to your Muthoot FinCorp ONE account.
What is the difference between Digital Gold - gift claimed and gift credited?
- Gift Claimed: Once the recipient clicks on the ‘received gift’ notification on the SMS sent to their phone number and signs onto the Muthoot FinCorp ONE app, the gift is considered claimed.
- Gift Credited: Once the recipient has completed the above journey and claimed the Digital Gold gift, it is then credited to their Digital Gold wallet only after 24 hours.