Terms & Conditions
General Terms & Conditions
This is a legal agreement between Muthoot Fincorp Limited, a Company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 having its registered office at Muthoot Centre, TC No 27/ 3022, Punnen Road, Trivandrum - 695001, India (hereinafter referred to as “MFL”, “Company”, “We”, “Our” or “Us”) and You (hereinafter referred to as “You”, “Your”, “Yourself” or “User”)
The Company owns and operate mobile/web application by the name “Muthoot FinCorp ONE” (“App”) and website at muthootfincorpone.com (“Website”) (App and Website are hereinafter together referred to as the “Platform”) .
These Terms and Conditions constitute a binding and enforceable legal contract between the Company and the User of the platform.
Muthoot FinCorp ONE is a digital platform facilitating lending and non-lending transactions between user and the Company and other lending partners which are registered with The Reserve Bank of India. The Company and other lending/non-lending partners offer various products/services through the Muthoot FinCorp ONE platform. All loan applications are approved and sanctioned by the Company or the lending partner and are communicated upfront during the Loan application stage. All users shall abide by these terms and conditions.
To these terms and conditions, the following shall mean:
1 .Personal Information- Personal Information means any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person.
3. Services- shall mean all the services provided by Muthoot FinCorp ONE including:
3a. Facilitating lending and non-lending products offered by the Company.
3b. Facilitating lending and non-lending products offered by other lending lending/non-lending partners.
Acceptance of terms and conditions
By registering or using the platform in any manner, you agree to all the terms and conditions contained herein. You are advised to carefully read and fully understand the said terms and conditions and in case you do not agree to any of these terms and conditions, you shall cease to visit and use the platform or use the services. These terms and conditions shall apply to all users and visitors of the platform.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Please note, once an order for purchase or sale has been confirmed by the customer, refunds or cancellation is not possible. All orders are final upon customer confirmation. The convenience fee paid for a Digital Gold transaction is non-refundable as this fee covers the payment gateway charges. If any payment has been debited from your UPI account, and the gold is not credited in your Muthoot FinCorp ONE gold balance, an automatic refund will be initiated by Muthoot FinCorp ONE, and the amount will be credited to your bank account within 5-7 working days. You may also contact our customer care team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further queries or status updates
Recharge and Bills
Recharges of your Mobile/DTH/Datacard and other utility payments are real time transactions and once the transaction is successful there will be no refund or exchange permitted. Please be alert that you are responsible for accuracy of the details entered by You to make a payment and/ or recharges and all charges that result from those recharges/services. Muthoot FinCorp ONE is not responsible for any recharge/service for an incorrect mobile number,DTH account number, Data card mobile number and other utility payments.
You further agree that Muthoot FinCorp ONE will not be liable for any failure on the part of any Biller in effecting a recharge or other bill payment or for any issue related to the quality of service provided by the Biller, and any dispute relating to the same shall be resolved directly between you and the Biller.
If you face any payment-related issues, click the “Help & Support” section and contact us to raise your query. We will assist you through our Helpcenter.
Refund,of payment amount for bill payment including mobile recharge or for any payment debited from your account for which the bill payment or recharge is unsuccessful, will be solely as per the terms or policies of the Biller, and you agree that Muthoot FinCorp ONE will not be responsible for the same
Kindly note that the convenience fee paid for a successful Recharge & Bill payment shall be non-refundable as the same shall be incurred by us towards Payment gateway charges.
Pay Rent and Vendors
At Muthoot FinCorp ONE, the user is at own freewill to use the platform for remitting rental payments and is not bound by any contract for mandatory use. Users shall have very well understood and acknowledge that payments when made into a bank account of your registered landlord are irreversible as the same falls under the personal jurisdiction of the said person. The service here refers to remittance of rent amount from your bank account and Muthoot FinCorp ONE will not be liable to reverse such payments. As the service once rendered is irreversible, the user shall not be entitled for any refunds in case of successfully remitted payments to landlords.
There shall be NO REFUNDS or REVERSAL of any kind for successfully remitted rental payments. However, the user shall be fully refunded for any kind of debits on account of technical failure on the website. Technical failure in this context refers to a deviation from the established payment process on our website without an acknowledgement to the user on the successful remittance of the payment. In such a case, the user shall be refunded the entire amount, including the service fees (if any), without any demur into his account within 7 to 10 working days
In the case of the cancellation or failure to complete a fixed rate order , the deposit is either partially refunded to you or revoked in full depending on the loss sustained by our affiliate money changer as a result of the forex cancellations.
In case the user fails to avail lock-in rate within 48 hours, then the service charge of 2% for lock-in rate will be considered as forfeited by the user.
No obligation orders cannot be cancelled once the actual transaction has been executed.
Signing up and On-Boarding
A user is required to create a profile/sign up on the Platform by entering his/her mobile number and other details. By submitting the basic details you agree to accept all these terms and conditions. The user shall also be required to accept all other terms and conditions of the Company or its lending partners for availing any lending or non-lending services. Registration as a user and creation of profile is a one-time process, thereafter the user can login to their profile anytime using their credentials.
The user declares and agrees that the user is a natural/ legal person who has attained the age of 18 years and can legally enter into a contract in India. If the user violates any of these terms and conditions and if Muthoot FinCorp ONE believes that the user in under the age of 18 years, Muthoot FinCorp ONE may terminate or delete the user’s profile/any content and information or prohibit the user from using or accessing the platform with or without any notice.
Representation and Warranties
Muthoot FinCorp ONE does not make any representations or warranties on behalf of any lending partners/NBFCs partnered with us for offering any lending and non-lending services on the Platform. Muthoot FinCorp ONE shall be only responsible for providing the services. All liabilities and obligations of the user with respect to any lending and non-lending products offered by any lending partners shall be governed by the separate agreement executed between such respective lending partner/NBFC and the user. The user acknowledges that Muthoot FinCorp ONE shall have absolutely no liability with respect to the same.
Third Party Services
Muthoot FinCorp ONE makes no representation, warranties and liabilities arising out of or pertaining to third-party services available on the platform. All intellectual property rights in and to third-party services are the property of the respective third parties. Muthoot FinCorp ONE shall not be liable for any fraud due to sharing of details by the user.
By consenting to these terms and conditions you acknowledge that:
Muthoot FinCorp ONE is a platform facilitating lending and non-lending transactions between users and the Company and other lending partners which are registered with The Reserve Bank of India. Muthoot FinCorp ONE is not engaged in granting of loans and is not responsible for sanctioning of such loans.
Muthoot FinCorp ONE does not warrant or guarantee the performance of a third-party service provider providing services through this Platform. Muthoot FinCorp ONE shall stands exonerated from any claims /damages arising out of its lending and non-lending products provided by the lending partners/NBFCs.
Consent to Use or Share Data/Information
Muthoot FinCorp ONE shall reserves the right to change, modify, add or remove any aspect of the website/platform, its contents or any of these terms and conditions at any time, in whole or in part, at our sole discretion. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be posted on our website/platform. You agree to examine these conditions on a regular basis to stay informed of any changes.
Muthoot FinCorp ONE reserves rights to suspend and terminate your use of the services and your access to platform without giving prior notice, without any liability or providing adequate reason to you at its sole and absolute discretion.
Law, Jurisdiction and Resolution
The provisions of this terms and conditions shall be governed by and, construed in accordance with the Indian Laws and the courts of Trivandrum shall have a jurisdiction to deal with any dispute arising out of this document. You understand that we may need to share information that you provided on the platform to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or an enforceable governmental request.
In case if you may want to share your concern, we welcome you to easily reach out to us through multiple contact options displayed on our website muthootfincorpone.com
We, Muthoot Fincorp Limited, having registered office at TC NO. 26/286, MUTHOOT CENTRE, PANKAJ TOWERS, PUNNEN ROAD, TRIVANDRUM, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, 695034 , (hereinafter referred to as “we” or “us”). At MFL, we value your trust and respect. This T&C provides you (hereinafter referred to as “You” or “Yours” or “customer”) with details about the manner in which we facilitate the insurance offering. You are advised to read this T&C carefully. By availing the services, you expressly give us consent to use & disclose your personal information in accordance with this T&C. If you do not agree to these terms & conditions, please do not use or access the offerings.
1. By continuing, you confirm that you are (a) a resident of India; (a) have attained the age of 18 years.
2. By making use of the App, and furnishing your personal/contact details, you hereby agree that you are interested in availing and purchasing the Group Insurance Policy ("Policy") that you have selected. You hereby agree that Muthoot Fincorp Limited ("MFL") may contact you either electronically, through phone or through any other medium, to understand your interest in the Policy. You hereby explicitly provide consent to receive promotional materials and/or special offers from us through email or SMS or any other communication mode(s).
3. MFL is not an Insurance broking license holder nor a Corporate Insurance Agent; therefore we are able to offer only Group Insurance Policies ("Policy") to our existing customers with whom we have an affinity or a relationship.
In addition to facilitating Policy, we may capture customer’s interest including personal data in any of retail Insurance products, for that you are hereby voluntarily providing consent to us for the collection, processing, share of their data/information/details with Muthoot Risk Insurance and Broking Services ("MRIBS").
4. Any Policy solicited by us is issued by the Insurer. We do not underwrite the risk or act as an Insurer at any time. The risk is underwritten by the Insurer only.
5. Currently, we are offering three Policies through our branches -
a. Muthoot Health Guard;b. Muthoot Dhan Suraksha; and c. Muthoot Jeevan Suraksha.We may offer a few more Policies to our existing customers as per the requirement from customers including but limited to:a. Motor Insurance (includes 2-wheeler, 3-wheeler, 4-wheeler and commercial vehicle Insurance); andb. Life Insurance
6. You may purchase Insurer's insurance policies at your sole discretion and purely on a voluntary basis.
7. The contract of Policy will be between the Insurer and you, to the exclusion of us. Accordingly, we are not responsible or liable for performance or enforcement of any of your benefits or rights under the contract of insurance with the Insurer. Any disputes arising in relation to the contract of insurance are between you and the Insurer.
8. For more details on risk factors, product details, terms and conditions and exclusions please read the relevant product brochure carefully before the conclusion of sale.
9. The information provided on the App is only for information sake. Information in relation to the Policy is solely based on the information received from the Insurer. You may also visit the website of the Insurer for insurance requests. Purchase of insurance is not a pre-condition of availing of any other services offered by us. We do not guarantee the accuracy of, and disclaim all liability for any errors or other inaccuracies relating to the information and description of the content, products, and Services offered on the App. We expressly reserve the right to correct any pricing errors on the App and/or on pending reservations made under an incorrect price or differential price.
10. All information, content, materials, and Policy included on or otherwise made available to you are provided by us on an "as is" and "as available" basis unless otherwise specified in writing. We disclaim all representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to the operation of App, including without limitation, any express or implied representation or warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. If applicable law does not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights. In no event will we or our directors, officers, employees, agents or other representatives be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, or any other damages of any kind, arising out of or related to the Services.
11. Based on the Insurance policy type, there may be a free-look period, as per the Insurer’s policy, during which the customer can opt to cancel his policy and get a full refund of the payment made
12. By opting to purchase Insurance, the customer explicitly agrees and authorizes Muthoot Fincorp Limited to share his personal data with the Insurer for the purpose of issuance and other ancillary policy services, underwriting and servicing of the purchased policy.
13. MRIBS is the Insurance broker who is associated with the above-mentioned group policies and MFL along with MRIBS shall assist customers in any aspect pertaining to Insurance claims and servicing;
14. We are only collecting or assisting in collecting the premium amount on behalf of the Insurer and the same is transferred to the Insurer on a daily basis. The acceptance of the amount as premium and final issuance of the policy is subject to the underwriting norms and discretion of the Insurer, over which MFL has no control.
15. When you use the App or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We may communicate with you by email, by notifications on the App, by phone or using any other means of communication. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
16. For claims and any kind of grievances pertaining to Insurance, the customer can reach out to the following:a. MFL support email id: email@example.com. MRIBS contact details: 04714074828c. Insurer contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org d. We reserve the right to make changes to these T&Cs, at any time, in our sole discretion. All terms and conditions are applicable to the extent permitted by law. By continuing usage of the services as per these revised terms, you agree to be bound by such changes/revisions.